Here’s new version of the 3.3-based Dolphin Viewer 3.
New in this release:
- Marine Kelley’s RLV code has been updated to 2.08.03.04.
- A fix for a bug that causes sporadic viewer stalls on linux whenever text is printed on screen (e.g. local chat).
- A “Reset!” button on the machinima floater. Be aware that this button resets every single setting that is on any page in that floater to its defaults without further warning.
- Windlight sky presets from Annan Adored.
- Removed duplicate Windlight skies.
- Renamed some Windlight skies to achieve a more consistent naming pattern.
There is one known bug in this release that has to do with RLV and relays. It basically makes traps that change your outfit work incorrectly. It is due to a workaround for a rather old RLV bug that has not been fixed, which makes changing saved outfits work incorrectly.
I am monitoring the bug in RLV – if you are interested in more info, here is a link.
For the time being, if you can change the order of RLV commands in the traps you’re using, make sure your traps issue any “@addoutfit=n” after any “@remoutfit” command.
The downloads are on the download page.
I’ve decided to bring out another 3.3-based Dolphin Viewer 3, since the Lab seems to be somewhat challenged about fixing the showstoppers in the 3.4.2 tree …
Here’s the next version of the 3.3-based Dolphin Viewer 3.
- The ‘:’ shortcut to emoting now works properly if the first character after the colon is a “special” character, e.g. a german umlaut, like ä or ü. For example, “:übt seilspringen” will now properly be interpreted as “/me übt seilspringen”.
- AutoCloseOOC now works properly in local chat even when RLV is disabled.
- Landmarks that are embedded in notecards now open properly on click (this copies the landmark to your inventory, therefore it can take a moment if the asset server is slow).
- The #DV3/AO folders won’t be created unless the Client AO is actually enabled, therefore it is now possible to delete the folders if you do not use the Client AO at all.
- The Mac OS X package is now digitally signed (A new security feature on Mac OS X 10.8, which by default allows only digitally signed software to be executed).
- RenderVolumeLOD now defaults to 4.0 on “High” graphics.
- The Friends list now has a menu option to hide the “All Friends” part.
- The highlighted outline when editing something can be switched on or off with a new keyboard shortcut, Alt-H.
- The group list shows the number of groups, and the number of remaining free group slots.
- The group list now shows all groups that have “Show in Profile” turned off in yellow. Note that in some cases all your groups show in yellow on first login with this version. To fix that you have to refresh the list by activating a different group than the one you have active.
The downloads are on the download page.
It has brought to my attention that the Dolphin Viewer 3 does not start on openSUSE 12.2 (and possibly on other linux distributions that use the fontconfig library in version 2.9).
Turns out that this is a known bug in Linden Lab’s build setup (STORM-1854).
NickyP’s patch has been applied, tested, and solves this problem for Dolphin Viewer 3.
If you are impacted by this crash, please re-download the linux package for 3.3.19, and unpack it again. Users of openSUSE 12.2 who installed the Dolphin Viewer 3 as a RPM package using the one-click-install link on the download page will get the required update automatically with their regular system updates.
For anyone who is impacted by this on any other viewer, there is a manual workaround:
lemmy@sai:/temp/slsource/DolphinViewer3-i686-linux-188.8.131.5256/lib> ln -sf libfontconfig.so.1.4.4 libfontconfig.so.1
lemmy@sai:/temp/slsource/DolphinViewer3-i686-linux-184.108.40.20656/lib> ln -sf libfontconfig.so.1.4.4 libfontconfig.so
Or in other words, create two symlinks in the “lib” folder inside the place where you unpack your viewer, pointing at libfontconfig.so.1.4.4, with the names libfontconfig.so and libfontconfig.so.1.