Here’s the next Dolphin, version 3.3.5 “Fellini”, and this one is especially for you machinima creators out there.
A big thank you goes to Marx Catteneo’s for his Machamera floater, now included in Dolphin in a slightly modified version (with tabs in order to fit on the screen of smaller laptops). Basically, the Machinima Toolbox floater (found in the menu under “World”, as well as through an optional toolbar button called “Machinima Toolbox”) provides:
- A “Graphics” tab with most of the graphics preferences, and buttons to get to the Windlight editors.
- A “Camera” tab with settings and buttons for FlyCam, and Alt-zooming.
- A “Shadows & Occlusion” tab that offers detailed settings for lighting, shadows, and ambient occlusion.
- A “Depth of field” tab with detailed settings for depth of field.
- A “Glow” tab with lots of tweaks for how glowy things appear.
- A “Derender” tab with some countermeasures against visual spamlag.
- Getting a worn attachment into edit by right-clicking it in your inventory and selecting “Edit”-
- Opening a Landmark on the map from your inventory, similar to what you can do from within the Places window.
The downloads are on the download page.
Here is the next Dolphin Viewer 3 for you, 220.127.116.1147 “Armageddon”.
- The “Local Textures” feature has been replaced by the implementation that will appear in the official Linden Lab™ viewer (currently in the Lab’s development viewer).
- The two AO buttons in the toolbar have been combined into one.
- Some unnecessary log messages have been removed.
The download links are on the download page, as usual.
Armageddon … because of the version number: 18.104.22.16847 and the non-obvious brain salto to this video clip.
Here’s the next version of the Dolphin Viewer, 22.214.171.12431 “Issos”
New, changed or fixed in this release:
- The avatar offset reset button in the status panel is now properly hidden in mouse look.
- A new setting in Preferences -> Dolphin Viewer 3 -> UI that controls what the Dolphin does when a scripted object sends you several menu popups at the same time.
- A new reset button in the extended build options floater, which resets the pivot offset options so that the coordinate origin is back in the center of the object again. My wife is happy about this one.
- A fix for how fading music in and out behaves when you teleport within the same parcel.
- A fix for the bug that prohibits the mouse cursor from switching back to the normal arrow shape when hovering over certain UI elements.
Why “Issos”? Click the link above 🙂
The downloads are on the download page, the system packages for openSUSE 11.4 and 12.1 will follow as soon as the openSUSE build service has caught up after last night’s outage.
The Easter bunny has brought the next Dolphin Viewer 3: 126.96.36.19922
New in this release:
- Checkbox for “Highlight selection” on the build tools floater.
- Checkbox for “Pivot axis at root prim” on the build tools floater.
- The pivoting offset controls and the “Rez with land group” checkbox have been duplicated onto the build options floater for faster access.
- ID3 info to chat now works on linux systems that do not use FMOD (that means you can get song titles on linux now without using FMOD).
- Cosmetics and cleanup on the preferences floater.
- Cosmetics on the build tools floater.
Downloads are on the download page, as usual.
Here is the next Dolphin Viewer 3 for you all, a bit earlier than usual, because the last one was actually a rush release because of the Merchant Outbox.
Here’s the list of new things:
- Mesh upload, thanks to Nicky Perian from Kokua.
- It is now possible to attach a short message to a direct avatar-to-avatar payment, which will show up in the recipient’s transaction history (imported from Firestorm).
- Some internal tweaks and fixes to the gstreamer audio playback plugin and the Client AO.
Downloads are on the download page.