Here’s the last release of the Dolphin Viewer 3 for 2011: 126.96.36.19985.
New in this release:
- Imported from Firestorm: The default size and material parameters for newly created prims can be changed (in the new “Builder” options tab).
- Imported from Firestorm: The pivoting point (for moving and rotating prims and linksets while editing) can be changed from the center of mass of a linkset to the center of the root prim (also in the new “Builder” options tab).
- Fixed: Issue 18, the “Avatars” toolbar button is always disabled.
Downloads are on the download page as usual.
Happy New Year everybody!
Here is the next Dolphin Viewer 3.
New in this version:
- Adopted a change from Firestorm, which changes how hovertips for inventory items are handled. From now on, they only show up when the name of an item or folder is too long to show in the inventory window. This should improve memory usage a bit.
- You guys asked for the translations to be put back in, so they are.
Let me point out a few things about the translations:
- I am fluent in German and English, and my English is good enough to prefer the English UI over the sometimes weird translation from LL to German, so English is still the default.
- I don’t have the time or language skills to do any work on other translations besides German. If you want to volunteer in doing a translation for a language, post a note on the Dolphin forum. Make it a “bug report” entry with a “feature request: translations for XX” subject, for example “feature request: translations for ES”, and I’ll get back to you.
Download links are on the download page as usual.
Finally I have a new version for you guys.
New or fixed in this version:
- Based on 3.2.x sources now.
- Updated to Marine Kelley’s latest RLV code.
- Fixed STORM-1713: Mouse pointer flickers over clickable UI items (from Ansariel Hiller / FireStorm).
- Client AO has been adapted to the new 3.2 toolbar button UI.
- Toolbar buttons for Windlight Settings and Area Search.
- You can now configure the viewer to turn you around when walking backwards.
Note: when this is ON, you will see it work on every avatar, not just yours, and other people using a viewer without it will still see you walk backwards. In short: this setting works on your screen, not inworld.
- Texture refresh from FireStorm has been imported.
This gives you an option labeled “Texture Refresh” in the context menu of inworld objects and avatars. When something is grey or blurry use this option to force a re-fetch of the textures involved.
- The particle editor from FireStorm has been imported.
When editing a prim you can choose “Edit Particles” from the Tools/Object menu, to create a particle effect in a more user-friendly way. You can create a simple particle script when you’re done, or just copy the same script into your clipboard to paste it into a bigger script.
- There is no Flickr uploader for now. Porting that to the new snapshot code will take some more time, which I honestly do not have right now, due to RL commitments.
- There is still no working mesh upload. I’ve tried using the Firestorm code and the results weren’t up to my standards.
Work in progress:
- Satomi Ahns login manager from Firestorm
- Flickr uploader
- Mesh upload
The downloads are on the download page.