As of today, The Dolphin Viewer is officially listed in the Third Party Viewer Directory!
And here’s the new version!
New in this release:
1. New CameraConstraints patch:
- when DisableCameraConstraints is set to TRUE:
- the minimum zoom distance to avatars (and in particular their attachments) is disabled, allowing closer focus
- the zoom out distance is maximized, allowing it to equal the draw distance in all circumstances
- when the new CameraIgnoreCollisions debug setting is set to TRUE, it also disables the automatic move of the camera out of objects whenever it collides with them
2. Updated Radar patch:
- this new version improves the avatar tracking feature (does not list the avatar name twice in the world map under the tracker dot, keep tracking when the radar update is set to off, and automatically stop tracking when the avatar goes/TPs away)
- when an avatar goes away, its name is now listed in italics in the radar during the 10s grace period
3. Updated VisitedLandmarks patch:
- this new version changes the Landmark icon in real time in the inventory (color changes from brown to red) whenever a landmark has been visited
4. Updated CoolPreferences patch:
- adds a setting in Preferences/Advanced/Miscellaneous sub-tab for the new CameraIgnoreCollisions feature
5. Updated CPUhungrySearch patch:
- do not destroy the Search floater (only hide it) when teleporting from the Places search tab. Reminder: destroying the Search floater (via its close (“X”) button) also destroys the built-in browsers (which eat up 100% of the CPU power under Linux and MacOS-X due to a bug in LL’s proprietary llqtwebkit library) but also make you loose the search results. Toggling (hiding/showing) the Search floater doesn’t loose the search results (but keeps your CPU loaded).
6. New ContextMenuTextEntry patch:
- implements a clipboard actions context menu for line and text editors (enables cut/copy/paste/etc with the mouse)
7. New TemporaryTextureUpload patch:
- implements temporary textures upload support. See this post for details.
8. New SLPluginAndMediaFixes (replaces SLPluginFixes) patch:
- this new version also fixes the problem with media auto-play failures encountered in Snowglobe v1 based viewers
9. Updated ItemLinksSupport patch:
- this new version definitely solves the first glitch that was described in this post.
10. Updated RestrainedLove patch:
- this new version fixes the failure to properly save the teleport allowed flag on log off, which prevented being able to choose your start location on next log in (see this post), and implements full support for inventory item links (see this post).
11. Updated MoreGridsDynamic patch:
- fixes an URI for Meta7, adds more OpenSim grids to the list, and entitles you to create your own custom_grids.xml file (same format and place as grids.xml, in the app_settings/ directory) to override and complement the shipped grids.xml file (custom_grids.xml will never be overwritten when you update the viewer).
Download is here.