Here’s the next version of the Dolphin Viewer 3.
New in 220.127.116.1139:
- The main inventory tab can now show or hide links, or show only links (the recent and worn tabs always hide links). Switch it on in the “Gear Menu” of the inventory window.
- The Windows installer should not use the term “Second Life” anymore anywhere in any language. It should read “The Dolphin Viewer 3” now everywhere (unless I missed a spot or two).
- Some Windows build issues have been addressed.
- The use of private memory pools has been switched off. If you notice more crashes than before, switch it back on with the Debug setting “MemoryPrivatePoolEnabled” and let me know (via a post on the forum).
- The “stop camming me” drama has been partially ended: This version of the Dolphin Viewer 3 does not send “LookAt” data anymore, if you switch on “Do not point at objects” (Preferences->Dolphin Viewer 3->Miscellaneous). The options to have the LookAt / PointAt crosshairs on screen will be gone in the next release, unless someone points out good use cases for having them that are not based on drama or paranoia.
- The inventory changes announced by Oz Linden in this mail to the opendev list have been implemented. No “accidental nudity” for Dolphin Viewer 3 users. You can of course still take your clothes off on your own wherever you want, provided the place allows it 🙂
- Updated to RLV 18.104.22.168.
- The linux version of the Dolphin Viewer 3 now uses dbus calls in the secondlife: handler script to send slurl to whichever viewer is running at the time. This is not available on 64bit Windows, so please vote for VWR-28073 and VWR-28074. Thanks.
- When you take a Snapshot to disk using the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-D, it uses the file format that you selected for your last “snapshot to disk” from the snapshot floater, instead of silently ignoring your preference (as it does right now in the official viewer).
- The checkboxes for switching AutoCloseOOC and AllowMUpose are back in Preferences->Dolphin Viewer 3->Miscellaneous.
- Fixed: The tips of the handles of the Align tool in the Build toolbox point in the right directions again.
- Fixed: Sharing inventory items, while more than one inventory window is open, works now.
- Fixed: The hovertip on the local chat bar now mentions whispering as well.
- Fixed: Previews of textures show the checkerboard pattern again under transparent areas. This version still does this with the old deprecated OpenGL calls. The next version of Dolphin Viewer 3 will do it “right”, thanks to Shyotl from Singularity.
- Fixed: the “Preview As” dropdown in the texture upload preview is not covered by the texture anymore.
The downloads are on the download page, as always.