Why “Fellowship” edition, you ask?
Let me quote from the preface to the first book of Lord of the Rings, “The Fellowship of the Ring”
“This tale grew in the telling …”
This release, like almost no other so far, had the tendency to spring new features at me while I was actually getting ready to call it a release, and publish it 🙂
Now I’m drawing the line, so here’s the next Dolphin Viewer 3, based on Marine Kelley’s latest RLV 126.96.36.199 which in turn is based on the latest viewer-development code (188.8.131.52).
In other words, it has the shining-fixes stuff.
Or, in terms more suited for those of you who haven’t been following all the noise on the JIRA about incompatibility with modern graphics cards, if you had problems with Second Life on your new shiny GeForce 4xx or 5xx, this version might help you.
- auto-accept textures, photos and notecards (switch it on in preferences->Dolphin Viewer 3->Interface)
- auto-open textures, photos and notecards (switch it on in Preferences->Dolphin Viewer 3->Interface)
- system folders (like “Objects” or “Notecards”) are hidden from your inventory if they are empty
- the unnecessary popup informing you that you added a landmark to a folder can be suppressed (from Firestorm)
- the inventory can now be filtered by description, UUID, creator, name, or all of the above (from Firestorm)
- the inventory can now be filtered for combinations of several words (separate the words by + e.g. Joe+Smith) (from Firestorm)
- debug level (verbosity) of log files can be configured (STORM-1790)
- default debug level has been changed to WARNING to make the logs less chatty
- Textures with transparency have a grey background instead of the usual checkerboard pattern in any texture preview UI element (e.g. the preview window when you upload a texture, or when you open a texture from yoru inventory). Applied to prims, the textures will be fine. People, use the temp upload feature and check your new textures on a prim if you need to test something with transparency. This problem exists in all viewers that are based on the latest viewer-development code, even in the official Second Life viewer 3.2.4 from Linden Lab. There is already a JIRA for it: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28037. Please go and watch and vote.
- The alignment handles in the Build Tool all point upwards instead of inwards. The alignment tool still works the same way, it just looks funky.
- The automatic opening of incoming notecards and pictures is highly dependent on lag.
- There is still no Flickr uploader.
Grab it on the download page.